A first look at EndNote - a tool for storing and managing references and creating bibliographies.When you write your own papers and texts using Microsoft Word, you can cite items from your library of references. EndNote automatically manages the layout and appearance of your citations and bibliography.
- Creating and using a library of references
- Searching and sorting in a library
- Connecting to online resources and library databases
- Downloading (importing) references
- Organising references into groups
- Citing references in a document
- Formatting citations, footnotes and bibliography
- Using a variety of output styles
|Intended audience||Those who are preparing papers, theses, reports and books, and need to manage a collection of references and cite them in their own written work|
|Prior knowledge||No previous knowledge of EndNote, but you need a working knowledge of Word (Word: Fundamentals)|
|Resources||A course book must be purchased when you attend the course (included in the Cost below)|
|Format||Presentation with practical exercises|
|Further information||EndNote versions for Mac or Windows are very similar; this course is presented using Windows but you can readily transfer what you learn here to use with Mac|
|Where next?||Referencing: EndNote - Building your library and Referencing: EndNote - Citations and bibliographies|
Can't make any of these dates? Express an interest in future dates for this course.