Podcasting is a method of distributing multimedia files (such as audio programs or music videos) over the Internet, for playback on mobile devices and computers. In this session aimed at novices, we will record, edit and publish an educational podcast using Audacity the simple, free audio editor.
- An overview of podcasting
- Introduction to educational uses of podcasting
- Basic digital sound recording techniques
- An introduction to the Audacity sound editor
- Creating a MP3 sound file of an interview
- Publishing a sound file online
- Publishing and syndication of a podcast feed
- Subscribing to podcasts
|Intended audience||Anyone wishing to learn how to create an educational podcast|
|Prior knowledge||Basic computer skills|
|Resources||A course book must be purchased when you attend the course (included in the Cost below)|
|Format||Presentation with practical exercises|
|Where next?||The other Digital media courses|
|5th week||Monday 10 November||14:00-17:00||1||9.00||IT Services, 13 Banbury Road||Booking opens October 11th 2014||Email me when booking opens|
Can't make any of these dates? Express an interest in future dates for this course.