Stata is a powerful quantitative software package that provides everything you need for data management and manipulation as well as descriptive, statistical, graphical and survey analysis of quantitative data. This course is an introduction to Stata.
- Introduction to the Stata environment
- Overview of the command structure in Stata
- Interactive use versus syntax do-files
- Opening, saving and browsing data
- Taking a first look at your data
- Basic data management commands
- Renaming, recoding existing variables and generating new ones
- Producing a table of summary statistics
|Intended audience||The course is aimed at those who want a first introduction to Stata.|
|Prior knowledge||No prior knowledge required|
|Resources||A course book must be purchased when you attend the course (included in the Cost below)|
|Format||Presentation with practical exercises|
|Where next?||Stata: Data manipulation and analysis|
|5th week||Thursday 13 November||14:00-17:00||1||9.00||IT Services, 13 Banbury Road||Booking opens October 14th 2014||Email me when booking opens|
Can't make any of these dates? Express an interest in future dates for this course.